Sunday 13 March 2011

sculpting sculpting sculpting..

I have decided that i am going to use the offcuts from before in my final piece,  creating more like then to make a design.
I have sketched out some brief initial ideas in my sketchbook and tried to replicate them using the offcuts in the way i manipulated them before.


i created a few more sculptures the same as what i did before.


144 cut outs later..


This design is supposed to represent a flower,  i arranged some of the mini sculptures around so it looks like the petals.


I quite liked this deign as it is quite big and very noticeable, while still creating all of the shadows that i wish to create.


This next design (above) is where i attached 2 mini sculptures together (3 times) i then layered the 3 parts together to make a cone sort of shape. There was a lot of overlaying in this design which i liked, but it didn't look as clean as i wanted it too.. maybe too many pieces making it look cluttered and thrown together.



For this reason i created a form which is 3 of the mini sculptures attached together, in a cone shape again but this time looking less cluttered. 
I think i've found my final design...


I love the effects i can create from simple lighting and a plain white background. Definitely think this is going to be my final sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment