Wednesday 2 March 2011

Colour?

These are just a few small scale models to experiment with how the paper will move and what shapes it will allow me to create. 
I tried to use 2 colours, well one being white and the other a very contrasting bold one. i think the orange and white work well together because they are so different.

To make these models i made 4 individual spirals;



I then attached 2 of them at each end and twisted them into obscure shapes. I was quite lucky with the shapes i created as since i've taken them apart and cant get them back into the same places.


I attached a few of these together and was hoping to make more and create a larger, sort of spherical shape, like this lampshade that i found on http://www.glow.co.uk/cosmo-lampshade.html


Think a trip to ikea is in order! but this online website is a good source of inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment