Thursday 10 March 2011

Final bit of research before serious development!

NETS!

Having a quick look at nets, the one below being from a pack of oranges, making me think about the sections of my design. Mainly how i should try and overlap the gaps.


I like how some of the spaces look smaller because they show you the pattern of the net behind. And how it sort of blocks the gaps making it less regimented in the shapes.



The colours placed behind it are very important also, they give completely different effects depending on whether they are darker or lighter than the object on top.


I also like how more concentrated and intense the colours of the net get when it is overlapped.

Below are some photos that i found via google just to see if there was anything interesting i could find and try to incorporate into my designs;


these three pictures show me that there is many different types of netting, available with lots of different shapes. Lots of different material also not just the standard string.. perhaps if i wasn't doing a paper project this would come in handy.






No comments:

Post a Comment