Sunday 13 March 2011

Cannot get away form research..

After a bit more research about DNA, trying to link it up to my design i discovered that there is a lot of replication (..so repetition??) especially in cell division. Apparently;

 'when a cell divides, it must replicate the DNA in its genome so that the two daughter cells have the same genetic information as their parent. The double-stranded structure of DNA provides a simple mechanism for DNA replication. '
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA


Not Going to lie.. i'm not entirely sure what this means. But from what i can grasp one cell creates '2 daughter cells' with exactly the same genetic information as the main cell. So 3 cells with identical genetic information? making 3 identical cells.


Apart from boggling my brain this has made me think about my design for my final sculpture. I think that i will create 3 identical versions of my earlier design (the cone) and hang them in sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment