Wednesday 9 March 2011

lamps!

I was walking past a lighting shop the other day and noticed the lampshades in the window, all made out of glass they directed the light in great ways. All of them were made up of so many smaller sections aswell. I had to have a gander inside to see if there were anymore items to inspire me, wasn't disappointed!



I really like this selection of lights, the different colours that are used is very eye catching, wondering how i could create something like this with paper. Perhaps thin coloured paper or film?
Could i actually direct light through my design as if it were a lampshade? Positioning in the atrium? So many things to think about!


This reminds me of the DNA and staircases i was looking at earlier. I hadn't thought about the element of lighting i could have included in my design. Wish id seen this shop earlier.




This Piece reminds me of the offcuts that i have manipulated into development. I really like the way you can see through it, also that some of the holes are decorated wit the large crystal/gems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment