Wednesday 2 March 2011

Good Timing



I went home for the weekend and on the train back realised there was a gene and DNA exhibition at liverpool museum.. how convenient!




I liked this model. One big spiral made up of many different spheres, something i may take into consideration when doing my designs.


THE (simple) DOUBLE HELIX

 This is the first thing that springs to mind when i think of DNA. In the exhibition there was a game where you had to match up the right DNA/ see deformities. Yeah it was probably for kids but it was quite interesting. I noticed that the most common genes were just 2 colours, it there were more mixed up on the reel then there was a deformity of some sort. This has inspired me to limit myself to 2 colours if i do go ahead and include any colour.


This was a sort of double helix but it was adjustable. Perhaps my design could be moving? 
maybe it doesn't have to be the exact shapes of a double helix, just based on it and transformed into something abstract?
A lot to think about!


finally this was just part of the set of the exhibition. it reminded me of the models we made in earlier workshops, with the method of scoring and paper manipulation. Ill have to remember the initial techniques whatever i plan to do, never know when ill want to use them.



No comments:

Post a Comment