Tuesday 3 May 2011

umbrella shop

I really like the idea of combining photographs in my stop motion animation, along with the lightbulb. This would combine realistic images with the unreal characters and the animated world, i think making it very interesting.

I've decided to use my friend as the model, taking pictures of her with her hands by her side gradually moving upwards, as if she has had an idea.


I only took 6 frames as i had my camera on the burst setting and didnt realise how slow it went. i tried taking pictures one by one but it was very jumpy.



This isn't the best quality and as it is only a short sequence i decided to attempt to create it in after effects..


As you can see my images are too big, obviously not 72dpi.  Im not sure how to change these on here so for now i just had to scale down the image to fit into the frame. 


I set the images to 12 fps and then added a bit of my music track just to see if it works really. obviously not in time.


After rendering and setting as a quicktime output, this is the outcome;



Im definitely going to use this in my final animation. Maybe not this exact clip, but i will find a way to use the images.

1 comment: