Tuesday 1 February 2011

Richard Sweeney Workshop 29/01/11

I really enjoyed the Richard Sweeney workshop, With his experience he helped us make some interesting pieces, which i didn't think could be created out of just one a5 sheet of paper! 
One of his designs that really inspired me was this one;






I like the way it looks like its all folding in on itself, also that its so intricately designed that it doesn't even look like paper anymore!


http://www.richardsweeney.co.uk/paper.html

I experimented at first with the different ways Richard showed us including scoring, slicing and ripping. These are some of my first attempts;



This is one of the pieces that i experimented with scoring, I think this is an interesting technique however i did not finish it as a proper design, i would like to experiment with this method further.



I then moved on to a different method where i chose a spot to cut creating a small slit. I then sliced the paper into different slits and folded then into the same slit, in different directions and angles.





This was just a random method however after a few different pieces i found that however many times i did it i came out with a different design, some more stylish than others.

After this session i can see how much time and patience is needed to create pieces like Richards, which just makes me appreciate his work more!


No comments:

Post a Comment