Sunday 20 February 2011

DNA

As part of my research i have began to look at natural forms, after one of the sessions with Richard Sweeney i was inspired to look at DNA and the different shapes. 


I really like the pattern of the double helix and the contours that it forms. I think id be able to manipulate paper using the pleating technique to resemble these shapes. 



With this sort of design i will be able to create lots of different shadows making my pieces more interesting and giving them more depth.


Most of the double helix's i have looked at are made up of 2 colours, i will definitely incorporate this into my designs.

I'm going to research these more and see if there are any other exciting forms of DNA that i can find to inspire me.

(images from google images)

No comments:

Post a Comment